Tuesday 28 July 2015

My Dream Bedroom ... Well a girl can wish can't she!

My Dream Bedroom.

I was looking at a competition earlier and a condition for entry into the competition is that you come up with your dream bedroom or living room idea.


I decided to choose my bedroom as I know just what I want in my Ultimate Dream Bedroom! First thing being a big comfy bed. I would work my bedroom around my dream bed as it would so be worth it!

This here is my dream bed 

 I found the bed on Pinterest but it is from an American Website, it can be found here -

There are plenty of similar styles bed available here in the UK too -

I would have the walls painted in a pale grey colour as I find it a really calming colour but I would fill it with splashes of bright pink and orange.

I have this colour in my bedroom now and I absolutely love it. I purchased it from B&Q, it was on offer when I bought it and I paid £9 but I do believe it is now around £18.99. It is a great paint though, and covers really well.


I love butterflies so I think I would be adding this lovely duvet set to my bed


Where it costs between £40 - £73.

I would also add lots of extra pillows in grey to make it all that more squishy looking!

There would be a nice big traditional French looking wardrobe with a matching or even similar style chest of drawers, something like this -




After spending a few moments (hmmm hours later) I also came across these which I have also fallen totally in love with -



Just how pretty do they look!


And of course I would like a TV in my bedroom, but I just don't want it to be out on show so I would try to hide it somehow. I have been looking at cupboards or of course the TV beds but that just doesn't catch me ... So I googled and came across this -


It's hidden in the ceiling when not in use!! Now this is something I like, no I love! I suppose you could just make it look quite flush or even like an attic hatch but whatever ... I think this is such a cool idea.

Seeing as we are up on the ceiling now I think I'd quite like a small chandelier up there as a way of lighting the room but I would like a dimmer switch on the wall to keep the lighting quite low at night.
Something like this I think would look good -


This is just £29.99 in Argos, a total bargain I think.


For the flooring I think I would choose either a nice walnut coloured high shine wood or a neutral coloured carpet. Either way I would have to have a rug, preferably shaggy and pink!




Now I feel my bedroom is coming together and it's time for the finishing touches. I really want some nice splashes of colour and I would get this by adding accessories .....

Curtains which I do believe are Laura Ashley? Please correct me if I am wrong. I do however love this fabric and would hunt it down to have fabulous Pink Flock curtains 

I also like the picture frame look -




The frames above I have found on Google Images but I would hunt charity shops to find the frames and paint them myself in the bright colours that I want. It's easy to make a perfect feature using frames and you can arrange them whichever way you want to.

I would also want a full size freestanding mirror too, like the one below.

I also came across the most perfect Butterfly Print -

Laura Ashley Mirror Framed Butterfly Print £67.20


I think this over door multi hook would be great for storing my dressing gown too -


Again by Laura Ashley - Mabel Over-Door Multi Hook - £13.44


And on my bedroom door for that bit of added glamour and bling I would so really really want crystal door knobs -

Of course I would need some storage for my shoe collection and all other bits and pieces and again I would turn to DIY. I would make something very similar in style to this -



But I would change the colours to suit my room.

And that folks is it! That is my dream room, even if money was no object I would still incorporate a bit of DIY as I love making things and love to see the end result of projects, I'd probably buy more cushions and some bits and pieces along the way like an Owl shaped money box or something .... But this is just how I would have my room, I doubt I'd leave it very often either!

Maybe I could also add one of these somewhere too -


A Teasmaid!

Another thing I would add to my dream bedroom would be a balcony, but of course that would mean having to get one built first, but I would just love to be able to swing open the doors in the morning and have a cuppa on the balcony, not that the weather in Wales allows it much though. I can just imagine how nice and bright it would be.

All of this above is my idea of the perfect bedroom, I can picture it in my head and it just looks so feminine and light. I am tempted to add my dream living room next but then that would lead to my dream kitchen, kids rooms, bathroom etc.....


No comments:

Post a Comment